Friday, February 7, 2014

C4T Assignment #1 Comment and Summary

This is an excellent way to get students involved in classroom discussion. This tool alone is stetting highschool students up for college. I am a student at the University of South Alabama. Most of our classes are web blended and most professors require you to participate in the online discussion forum. Not only will you have to create your own place in the forum, but most of the time you have to comment on a classmates, maybe 3 discussion forum. Teaching students early on how to work these forums and how to use them in ways to expand their knowledge, will get them one step closer to being better college students.
I enjoyed reading this blog post, simply because I felt it related to the kids so much. As an future educator I believe that if we make learning fun for the students then they will want to continue to come back more and more excited everyday. I think my favorite game and one I'm willing to try is the stop disasters. I would have never guess to put it with teaching weather. This game will help students to learn what they need when a natural disaster comes our way. Exciting things!


My Teacher's blog is focused on the new technologies that students are using. After the first week has passed and I went back to view what had been updated, and realized that the teacher hasn't posted anything since January 18th. In my personal opinion the blog is an okay blog, nothing really exciting going on. It had vital information about what students could use to better their education experience, but if I was a child I don't think I would be all that interested in the blog. I did like the post about the classroom discussion, especially because we use the discussion forums here at South and we have to comment on atleast 3 sometimes of our peers post. I think that is a perfect way to get the child started and open a child up to interacting with other classmates. I chose to comment on the post about the games because it truly caught my attention. The Natural Disaster game was on of my favorites that was discussed, in this game you had to provide all the necessary things need if a disaster game through your town. The teacher used this game to teach 5th grade weather, that was an interesting way to get and keep the kids involved and entertained. This was one of the many was the elementary schools are moving up with the technology.

Gamecontroller

No comments:

Post a Comment