Friday, March 14, 2014

Blog Post #8

This Week Dr. Strange asked us to find some 21st century learning and communicating tools. I first thought this would be a hard task to do, because there are so many new things that are meant for communication. Then it dawned on me that I already have one at my fingertips. I had to do 20 observation hours for one of my classes. I had to go to the school and tutor and observe how a teacher taught her class and what kind of resources she used to help her students. The class I was in the students were learning about long division, and they were having a hard time understanding it. The teacher asked me to help find them some activities to get more practice and a better understanding on the concept of long division. Without even thinking I went to Pinterest. Pinterest is a site where you share different ideas, pictures, quotes, and stories. You place things in different categories, and when people search them your ideas come up. They call their categories boards, and they allow you to pin things to your board in order for you to save the particular idea. They have a board completely dedicated to education, thats one of my favorite boards. If you were to type in the search box 3rd grade division, different worksheets, activities and ideas on how to help your students with division, they have ideas for bulletin boards, for gifts for teachers, anything you want to search you are able to find it on Pinterest. I find myself going to Pinterest for just about everything. Most of the ideas are linked to a site where its either a blog, a website, or just a picture. The blogs are a lot of help, because once you click to go to the link it takes you to that blog and your able to see exactly what the person blogs is like. Most of the blogs are from teachers, so you can communicate back and forth with that teacher. You are even allowed to follow that particular board, which allows you to continue to see what that teacher is posting. I think Pinterest is a great website and a great place to keep teachers linked to one another. You can find and sign up for Pinterest at www.pinterest.com

www.tblc.org

1 comment:

  1. Pinterest can be a great resource for future teachers and teachers alike. This is a similar to a PLN that you created and a great resource.

    Your links appear as a grey color which blends in with the rest of your text. Try changing the color of your links so that they stand out and readers can tell they are links.

    ReplyDelete