Sunday, April 6, 2014

C4T#3

My teacher blogspot this week was Dangerously Irrelevant. This blog was a very helpful blog, it was one the few I really liked. It talked more about technology and its use in the classroom. This particular blog helped me this week with the project we did on interviewing a teacher. Some of the vital questions I used were things I learned in these post. I have saved this blogspot to my favorites because I believe that it will help me in the future. Scott McLeod who is the owner of the blog made some very valid points on how we should set up rules for our students using the internet. He says we shouldn't be so strict, of course monitor what our students are doing, but don't subject them to just one or two sites to do their research.

Use of Technology in the Classroom
Hello Scott, I'm Alexis McSwain. I attend the University of South Alabama and I'm currently enrolled in EDM310. This class teaches us future teachers to open our minds to technology and use it in more ways than one. I think this blog is one of the things our professor is trying to get us to learn, not only help us open our minds but our students as well.

Hello Scott, I agree with you. I don't think we as educators, even as adults know how to explain to our kids that they can make a difference, but that their difference could be that to change the world. As teachers we should be as open minded to change as we expect the world and our students to be, but still we are the ones who are the most stuck in our ways of learning, mainly because we feel as if what we learned is the only right way to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment